Thetford

Thetford

Sunday 22 April 2012

Wet, Wet, Wet.

It’s been two weeks since Necastleton and so I thought I had better write something. Usually I would not have much to say because I would have been taking it easy. However there is some stuff I can report. The first day back at work on Tuesday following the race it was noted that I was walking "like a cowboy" by a colleague. This made me smile but also proud because I had obviously been pushing myself to end up so battered. Wednesday I did a gentle ride to work to free up my legs then a few recovery spins rest of the week, then out on Saturday morning with some mates from the gym on the mountain bike. So nothing much to report other than I did not push at all.
Then it was business as usual this last week. Monday I went out on the road and averaged 18ish for a couple of hours, Tuesday was rest and then Wednesday I attempted the Sherwood pines MTB time trial. It always seems a good idea, I mean it’s only three laps how hard can that be? Well its bloody hard I can tell you especially when you need to wear a snorkel. I think I did ok but will probably never know because timing is not high on agenda in this event, this is not a dig by the way, (just in case the organiser is reading). Anyway back on the turbo Thursday and then a long ride home Friday............. or so I thought. The rain was horrendous, people will say I am a wuss but honestly I was cold wet and so hacked off that this ride got cut short from 3 hours to 45 minutes! Yesterday was cool, a good 5 hours on the MTB with two mates in a "no holds barred" treck across Nottinghamshire’s finest muddy fields. You would think I would be battered? I genuinely am not, was tired yes, but battered no. The training is working it seems, the only slight concern is that my left knee is a bit painful but again I think that is just a product of getting fitter and faster, courtesy of rider coaching (got to big up the sponsor, but it genuinely works). A mate at the time trial commented on my physique so does this mean I am turning into a proper bike racer? It seems as though I might actually becoming the kind of geek I used to mock, oh well shit happens. Wiggle 6 is up next, I wish I was at Dalby this weekend but good luck to David Fletcher who was the only person to catch me Wednesday (he did start way after me and battled through everyone to catch up though, proper elite).

No comments:

Post a Comment