Thetford

Thetford

Sunday 29 April 2012

Rain, rain and more rain

A funny week, had it all planned and everything was put up on training peaks but once again the British weather intervened. This week’s training was for the build-up to Wiggle Enduro 6 at Catton Park next weekend. Also I had a long road ride planned with some friends which would take us up to the east coast and back. Monday set the tone really, I went out on the road with Rob and as soon as we set off it felt like a boat would be more appropriate rather than our road bikes. However we pushed on and it actually turned out to be a nice evening, and I got some sprint intervals done. Tuesday was trusty turbo day, and then Wednesday was road. The weather did not let up and I really did not want to go out in it again so after a consult with rider coaching it was deemed more useful to have a couple of days rest. Friday was back on the turbo because of family stuff, which set me up for the days ride on Saturday.
Training and family life is difficult; this also made Saturday a bit problematic as well. The plan was to do a long day out riding and have a laugh. I had to be back for 3pm and when you are planning to 100miles and more this made it a bit of a higher intensity affair. That coupled with the fact the lads would not set off any earlier (I think they were annoyed I had to get home early) made the day a bit of a timed affair. Anyway we got going (late) and everything seemed fine, a bit of a slow start for some and then 10miles or so in disaster struck with a broken gear cable. Got to Brig and found the bike shop where it was repaired successfully, then on to Humber Bridge. The ride out was also made nice and hard by a sharp cold head wind (loads of fun). Got there in one piece though and after some sports nutrition consisting of sausage egg, bacon we headed back. The journey back was made easier with the wind behind us and was only made a bit of a slog by some more rain. So a fairly eventful week with some miles, sprints and large bridges. I still feel good though, I know this cannot continue but this is the best I have felt physically in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment