Thetford

Thetford

Thursday 31 May 2012

Project Marathon

Ok, I really have nothing to talk about in this blog. I went to Manchester velodrome this last week which was a great thing to do. I realised that I am getting older though because it took me a while to get the confidence to ride up to the top of the track. This was pointed out to me a few times this week by one of my mates at the time trial who asked if I wanted join in his daughters race in case I got scared.
This is also the sign of age because I really thought it was funny and replied that his daughter would probably beat me as well.

I have struggled this week for inspiration, I need a goal. So a quick trawl of the World Wide Web came up with this,
“Creative Visualization and the Power of Thoughts”
Basically if you think it then you can make it a reality, loads of philosophical stuff! Anyway, the upshot is that I now have a majorly serious goal. I want to be veteran marathon champ!


A very tall order, but look at the positives (really?)
I am a year away from that category, so, have a load of time to train and talk about how good I could be, and then ten years of actually being a vet to achieve my goal. Therefore anything could happen; hopefully all the really fast guys might clear off and let me win. Most of the stuff I set out to do is achieved one way or another, I am not sure about this though, but I think it is worth a shot, and now I have wrote it down I have to try. Ridercoaching is aware of this goal and fully supports this endeavour and is also a reason to believe it is possible, maybe a change of team colours next year might also be an inspiration.

Watch this space as they say…………………………………………………………………

No comments:

Post a Comment