Thetford

Thetford

Sunday 20 May 2012

Re-assessment

Ok, look, it’s not like this bike lark is important....... Alright it is then, but I have reached a little block whereby I am not sure what to do next. I suppose training with rider coaching and riding for my local team of Sherwood pines was all new and exciting and now the novelty is not new.


The training is really going well though; I am now able to keep position with local riders that last year were leaving me for dead. So now the question is how far can I go with this? I am truly happy with my fitness, biking and life at the minute and so the danger is complacency could set in and I will not progress. The coaching will look after my fitness but most of mountain bike racing is in the head as well.


My training partner has dropped off a bit and I never realised how much that can affect you as well, so a new regime is needed and plan me thinks. I am actually starting to enjoy racing whether I win or not, which is a revelation. The problem is that I now have done the races I set out to do and so have nothing really to train for. So it is back on the net to look for inspiration.



Until then I have got a backup plan of doing the MTB night’s series. It certainly is not a stop fill though, the first of these events was on Friday and it was well run and thoroughly enjoyable. There are five races in the series so I will let you know how I get on.......................



No comments:

Post a Comment