Thetford

Thetford

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Wiggle 6 Enduro Catton Park 6th may

I hate running!
This race is quite an experience in how its run and how you achieve the best result. It is a 6 hour endurance race but when you enter as a team this is quite different. I basically look at it as 4 or 5 XC races in quick succession. The event is unique with its closed pit area and like other enduros there is the dreaded running start. I entered with Lorna Rider in the mixed pairs and to be honest when I clicked the mouse when entering there was a part of me that thought a podium was achievable. This is always the case I suspect whenever you enter a race otherwise you would never dream. Anyway fast forward to three days before the race and looking at the entries it was clear that a top 10 finish was a great result. And guess what we got 8th !!!!!!!!!!!! So I am well happy. How we got there was not that dramatic however, it was just a combination of careful lap choices and pedal power. Lorna had an issue with her front brake which slows you down somewhat and I had a wobble on my second set of 2 laps. I put that down to not drinking enough and saving myself for the end of the race though. Other than that the only thing to really mention is the course was tacky and quite muddy in some places which slowed everybody down a bit but at least the sun shone on us all day. As for my team mate, I definitely would race again in any event and in any team.

No comments:

Post a Comment